Poems of Ruma Dhang Adhikary


Ruma Dhang Adhikary  ,  Bengali poet of this time,  staying at Salkia ,Howrah,  nearer to Kolkata.  So far she has one book of verses , published.   Also she is an Editorial member of zero boundary group.  
Today we are glad to publish her  three poems. 


 1: Broken bridge

I wish if I had a 'crying bench' 
Beside a river-- with its slow motion 
I would put down all the heavy weight sufferings
And feel free for sometimes
I see the broken bridge 
Once I used to go to meet you 
The day had flown away with you 
And there remains no sympathy for the given words
You burried all, all and all.

Today you are busy with the uppermost 'Angels and God'
And listening all the songs 
Sung by your heroines into your territory 
But your threshold is empty -- no single one 
To give you a space -- to continue their love --  forever 

In a nutshell, I tell you
Oneday you have to sit down before the river 
And I wish -- that day I would forget the bench
it will be the right process 
Of making a new bridge for me 
To cross over this river.


2 : I walk


I walk through the bridge...

The weary faces 
running before the tempest,
coming from opposite to me with their own rivals,
heavy burdened for enterprise or kitchen,
inane stomach, mouth full of red poison

They are the warlords of own concrete walls

All are running alone 
as came alone first

These are their own silent steps 
towards the end of life-gyre

Irksome, dreariness, struggle, error...

Nothing 
but a process of purification



  3: Stranger

Like a stranger I meet you everyday
Flows on the note 
 Of a flute of a relation in the sunshine

once that I heard from a hill-station:
The termites have eaten
The mind of a wood 

Then I must say I will alive 
Holding up a torch in the uttered black coverage
Of the tired earth

And you are still going on too
Treating like a stranger everyday 
For everyday...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry of AFZAL ALI

Poems of Anjali De Nandy